If your server configuration has become corrupted, compromised by hackers, or if you happen to accidentally lose important data, you can restore your server to a previous state using the Snapshot Backup tool.
- You can only restore via the Snapshot Backup if you have made a previous snapshot backup.
- Restored data will revert to the date and time of the snapshot backup.
- All data on the server since the backup was created will be lost.
For Parallel Power Panel you will need to login with the username: root
- Log into your Parallels Power Panel.
To pull up the login screen, open a browser and navigate to:
(replace the "xxxx-xxxx" with your personal access domain)
(replace the "0" characters with your server's IP address).
For more instructions and screenshots, please see: How do I access my Parallels Power Panel?
- From the left navigation menu, click on Maintenance.
- Under the Backups tab, check the box next the back up you'd like to use.
WARNING: This will wipe the current content of your server and replace it with the backup content.
- Click the Restore Virtual Environment button.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your restoration has been scheduled. For additional information, you may click the Details.
Your restoration will now start. It may take some time to complete, depending on how much data is included in your backup.
All data between the time you made your last backup and now will be lost.
- Please see Backup Options for more backup possibilities.