Drupal is a free and open source content management system (CMS) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. This article will show you how to install Drupal using the 1-Click Applications tool in the Account Center.
READ ME FIRST
(mt) Media Temple only supports the basic operation of our 1-Click installer and not the Drupal application itself. Please consult our Scope of Support for further details. You should also be aware of the following:
- The Drupal version used in the guide below may not reflect the most recent version available in the Account Center.
- Log into your Account Center.
- Click on the primary domain of your Grid.
- Click on 1-Click Apps in the Add-Ons box:
- Click on New App:
- Click the Add button for Drupal:
- Application URL: Enter the URL that you want to install Drupal to, without the 'www'.
- Database Setup: Please select New Database from the dropdown and give your database a unique name that will allow you to know it is Drupal, and with which domain it is associated.
- Database Table Prefix: Please provide a table prefix that will allow you to remember which domain your Drupal database is associated with. We suggest to have it end with an underscore for easier reading in phpMyAdmin. After that, click Install.
- Wait for the installation to finish. It should take about two minutes. Then, click on Finish.
- At this point, you are now using the Drupal installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- Can I use the 1-Click for an alternate domain?
- Absolutely. When you get to Step 6, enter the URL for your alternate domain instead of the primary domain.