Parallels Plesk Panel allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface. The administrator can create client and site templates, which predetermine resource-allocation parameters for the domains and/or clients.
This guide will show you how to change or reset your Plesk administrator password.
Please allow up to 15 minutes for your Plesk admin password to change.
- Log into your Media Temple account.
- Select the blue ADMIN button associated to your VPS server.
- Next to your server, select Actions > View.
- Select Settings.
- Next to Login credentials, select Manage.
- Type your new password in the appropriate fields. Be sure to use a strong password. Then select Save.
When logging into Plesk, use the username, "admin", instead of your custom username.
Watch this video to learn how to change your Plesk admin password.
Via the Account Center
- Log into your Account Center.
- Click on the Admin button for your DV server.
- Click on Change Plesk Password.
- Type in your new password twice, then click on Change Password to update it. Be sure to meet all the password requirements on the right, which will turn green when met. If any of them are not met, the Change Password button will not light up.
The Plesk admin user is also the root MySQL user. Please remember to update your database connection information with your new password.
- Connect to your server via SSH.
- Run this command:
export PSA_PASSWORD='NEW_PASSWORD' ; /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd; unset PSA_PASSWORD
- Next, run this command: