Since most of our customers use the (mt) Media Temple nameservers by default, we have disabled named (bind) from starting during the boot sequence. However, if you are running your own private nameservers, you will need to perform the following steps to automatically start this service at boot.
- Log into your DV server via SSH as the root user. For more information, please read this article: Connecting via SSH to your server.
- Edit the rc.local file located in the etc directory.
- Search for the following line of code:
- To change the line below to match the following, press "i" to enter insert mode.
- Press "escape" to exit insert mode. Next press and hold down the shift key, then tap the "z" key twice to save and exit.
- Now, reboot your server. For more information, please read this article: DV How can I reboot my server?
- Finally, verify that named starts correctly using the following command: