This article details how to verify your domain to use with G Suite. To fully access all of G Suite's features, you will need to complete this verification process.
G Suite allows you to verify your domain using a number of different processes. We will be describing the recommended method below. This method will use DNS to verify the domain. In preparation for this, it is recommended that you lower the TTL of the DNS zone file for this domain at your domain registrar. If you do not have access to the DNS zone file for your domain, you can find Google's alternate domain verification methods here.
- Log into your G Suite account as the admin user.
- If your domain is not yet verified, you will see this notification in the Dashboard of the Admin Console. To begin the verification process, click on Verify Domain.
- You will now be directed to the verification screen. Here, you are offered a number of ways to complete the verification process. We will be using the recommended method which verifies the domain using DNS. To begin the verification process, select your domain registrar from the drop down list. If you are unsure of who your domain registrar is, you can look up the WHOIS information for your domain to find out.
- In this article, we will assume that the domain is registered through a registrar that is not on the list. Once you have selected your domain registrar, you will be given further instructions that will detail how to verify the domain using DNS. In this example, we are provided the txt record that must be added to the zone file for mt-example.com.
- Now that we have the information we need to update our DNS zone file, you will need to access the DNS zone file your domain and add the record. Open a new browser window and proceed to your registrar to add the DNS zone file record. If you registered your domain with (mt) Media Temple, you can find instructions for adding a record here.
- Once you have added your TXT record, you may select Verify. Depending on DNS propagation, your verification process time may vary.
- As soon as the verification process is complete, you will see a notification similar to this.